- About Us
- Visas and Migration
- Travelling to Australia
- Services for Australians
- Australian Passport Information
- Doing business with Australia
- Study in Australia
- Arts & Cultural Events
- About Australia
- Travel advice
- Register with us
How to obtain an Australian passport
The Passport section at the Embassy of Australia in Madrid is open Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. Interviews are generally scheduled from 9:00 am to 3:30 pm. The Embassy is closed on the following public holidays.
To lodge your passport application, in person, at the Embassy in Madrid it is essential that you first make an appointment with the Embassy. Please read below, if you are required to lodge your application in person.
The suggested procedure for preparing your application form is as follows:
1. Find out what type of form that you need to use: PC7 or PC8.
2. Read the instructions sheet for that form: PC7 or PC8. Review the checklist below to avoid common mistakes.
3. Read the photo instructions. Australian passport photos are different to Spanish standard passport photos so please check the information carefully before you submit your application. Suggested photographers in Madrid and Barcelona.
4. Complete your Australian Passport Application Form online at:
Should you need further clarification on passport matters, please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions section.
Information to help you prepare your passport application when you are lodging it in Spain: